You can't make everything from scratch

...but you can sure try!

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

BLT

Recently, I took some of the bacon I cured and made it into a BLT for dinner. Just for fun, I thought I'd do a little pictorial.










First, take a loaf of nice bread. This is sourdough from Cave Spring, a really excellent winery in Ontario's Niagara region. They serve the bread in the associated restaurant, called On the Twenty, and sell loaves in the winery shop.















Then, fry up your home-cured bacon. I actually ended up making four BLTs with the bacon shown here.














Wash and dry some red leaf lettuce...












...and slice up your ripe, red, farmers' market tomatoes.














Cut a length of bread and split it in half.

Top with the bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayo, and serve with a homemade dill pickle. About which, more soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home