You can't make everything from scratch

...but you can sure try!

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Polenta photos

Further to my last post, here are a couple of photos of my polenta with caraway seeds.

I should note that I'm still very new to food photography, and my digital camera is an older model (with only 2 megapixels), so the photos aren't going to win any awards, but they give you an idea of what the polenta looked liked. Another thing to work on, I guess!

First up: the polenta served with milk-braised pork chops and braised cabbage garnished with bacon. You can just see the polenta peeking out from underneath the bed of cabbage, and the pork chops are the whitish thing in the upper left-hand corner... they didn't photograph too well.

Caraway polenta with milk-braised pork chops

Next, the polenta appetizer I made the following night, fried polenta with roasted red pepper, feta cheese and balsamic reduction. I found the feta cheese didn't go overly well with the rest of the elements, and next time I might try doing a parmesan tuile on top instead, which could also make for a more dramatic presentation!

Caraway polenta appetizer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home